Professor Hartley, because we met...

October 15, 2015 at 3:45 PM

Professor James Hartley and Mallory Cohn '08

"When I signed up for Professor Hartley's first-year seminar, I expected to learn a thing or two about great books. I didn't expect to gain a mentor and friend that would be my mainstay throughout my college years, whose door would always be available for intellectual conversation, goofy chats, and (most important of all) deeply felt encouragement and support. I'm 7 years out of college, and yet on a recent trip back to campus, I found that nothing had changed. At a time of deep personal doubt, I was given the gift of his abiding faith in my abilities as a scholar and teacher.

Jim, thank you for being the kind of support that never falters. Because we met, I have the confidence to soldier on." —Mallory Cohn '08

Whether your life's journey was changed by a professor, classmate, friend, or mentor—on campus or after you graduated—the connections that happen through MHC are uniquely special and reverberate through our lives.

Make someone's day. Change someone's life.  Honor your MHC connections by making your gift today.

#BecauseWeMet

#MHCimpact

MHC Development

Written by MHC Development