Donor Spotlight: Sarah Tobias ’76. “I treasure my four years at MHC.”

June 22, 2016 at 9:15 AM

SarahTobias_76At Mount Holyoke, Sarah Tobias majored in art history and graduated magna cum laude in 1976. Sarah treasures her time at Mount Holyoke, where she "made lifelong friends and was inspired by so many wonderful professors like Jean Sudrann."

What's the greatest lesson you learned while at MHC? The greatest lesson I learned is how much I love the liberal arts.

You recently made a gift to MHC. Can you tell us what inspired you to give? Four incredible years on campus that continue to inspire me and from which I draw strength.

What's your favorite spot on campus? The sundial and pathway from Porter to the library.

Was there a moment you knew your life was forever changed? Graduation day.

What are your top 5 favorite things about MHC?
1. The quality and accessibility of faculty.
2. The beauty of MHC's natural setting.
3. The values of the MHC community.
4. The freedom to carve my own academic path.
5. The lifelong friendships I made while at MHC.

WendyHoover_SarahTobias_AmyRoth_76reunion

Can you tell us a little more about yourself? For the past 30 years, I have worked as an independent management consultant helping nonprofit organizations and foundations deliver more effectively and efficiently on their mission and strengthen their impact.

I am Canadian, live in Montreal, and have a wonderful 19-year old daughter Josephine.

Pictured: Sarah recently returned to campus to celebrate her 40th Reunion. From left: Wendy Hoover, Sarah, and Amy Roth, all Class of 1976.

Want to share your favorite things about Mount Holyoke for an alumna spotlight? Leave a comment or email us at giving@mtholyoke.edu.

#MHCimpact

MHC Development

Written by MHC Development