Donor Spotlight: Felisa Ver Friesen ’06. “Our parents and MHC are two of the biggest reasons why my sister and I are the women we are today.”

June 27, 2016 at 11:06 AM

FelisaFreisen-and-family.jpg

As the end of Mount Holyoke's fiscal year draws near, we want to continue to celebrate all the alumnae and friends who are making a difference for students today. Whether it was an amazing class, an inspiring professor, or the lifelong friend you met your first-year, we all have different reasons for giving back and paying it forward. Felisa Ver Friesen '06 majored in sociology with a minor in dance when she was a student at Mount Holyoke. Her Mount Holyoke education prepared her well for life beyond the gates and made her the confident woman she is today but her reason for giving back was a very personal one.

You recently made a gift to MHC. Can you tell us what inspired you to give? My father passed away in February 2016. He was a hard working man who never wavered in his support for me or my sister, Ana Cecilia Ver '03. Our education and success were his priority and he was so proud that we were able to graduate from such a prestigious school, one that fostered our strengths. The gift was in memory of our father; without MHC's financial aid and our familial contribution, neither of us would have been able to attend MHC. Our parents and MHC are two of the biggest reasons why my sister and I are the women we are today: strong, thoughtful, and committed.

Pictured above, from left: Ana Cecilia Ver ’03, Felisa Ver Friesen ’06, Susana Bermas, Leo Michael Ver (father), Leah May Ver (mother), and seated, Jose, Bermas.

Want to share what inspired you to give to Mount Holyoke in an alumna spotlight? Leave a comment or email us at giving@mtholyoke.edu.

#MHCimpact

MHC Development

Written by MHC Development