Thank you!

July 1, 2016 at 9:19 AM

MHC Laurel ParadeOn behalf of all our students, thank you for your gifts to The Mount Holyoke Fund! Your gifts will support every part of the MHC experience for our students, from once-in-a-lifetime opportunities to beloved MHC traditions, as well as our amazing faculty and this beautiful campus. With your gifts, you have shared many heartfelt comments on what inspired you to pay it forward. Here are just a few:

"Mount Holyoke was the type of school that I needed after graduating from a small public high school with only about 30 students who planned to go on to college. I had been told that as a girl, I needed to keep my mouth shut and not to excel in ways that would make boys uncomfortable! I needed outstanding professors, but most of all I needed to be allowed to ask questions, seek answers, work hard, and do my best. I loved my liberal arts education and the breadth of experiences that was very different from anything I had experienced before. I loved having classmates and fellow students who were also interested in a variety of issues and subjects." —Claire Offutt Leonard '67

"Attending MHC was a pivotal experience in my life, and I am forever grateful for that time as well as its continued impact on my life." —Sarah Stadel '96

"Without financial aid from MHC, I would not have been able to attend. I believe it is important to provide the same opportunities to current and future MHC students that I had.  For the past 18 years, MHC has had an incredible impact on my life academically, personally, and professionally.  I will forever be grateful to this amazing college and the critical role it plays helping women from all corners of the world think bigger, grow stronger, and do more than they ever thought possible." —Lisa Utzinger Shen '02

"Attending MHC has made a significant and long lasting impact on my life and the person I have become. I would like for other individuals to be able to have the MHC experience." —Uzma Hussain '14

"Sensational institution that gave our daughter Hannah a sensational education, experience, and community." —Clara and Dave Duff P'10

"Mount Holyoke gave me a home, and an education that I will never be able to forget." —Nooria Puri '15

"I admire the holistic educational work they do with today's young women." —Theodore Blaisdell P'19

"Most of all, because of the fine education I received that gave me a great start to my career (and life).  But I give this gift now in gratitude for the dear friends I made at MHC...still my closest friends 51 years after graduation." —Judith Senderowitz '63

"Because it attracts and fosters the development of a special kind of individual, and I am happy to maintain my ties with the alumnae community." —Caitlin Klinger '10

"Attending MHC changed my life!  The caring, supportive faculty gave me a great education, inspired me, and gave me confidence." —Rosemary Keffer '86

Want to share your favorite things about MHC for an alumna spotlight? Leave a comment or email us at giving@mtholyoke.edu.

#MHCimpact

MHC Development

Written by MHC Development