Mount Holyoke’s spectacular campus is the perfect setting for our students’ rigorous academic study and personal growth. The defining characteristics of our campus — the Gothic brick buildings, stately trees, serene lakes, iconic waterfalls — are rooted in the design legacy of landscape architects Frederick Law Olmsted and his sons.
Today, Mount Holyoke’s campus is consistently recognized as one of the most beautiful in the country, thanks to the tireless efforts of our facilities management team. From maintaining historic buildings (the oldest of which was built in 1852) and glorious gardens to responding to thousands of service requests each year, the talented staff supports the myriad needs of the Mount Holyoke community.
By directing your gift to Campus Preservation, you are investing in:
- The maintenance of 300 acres and more than 100 buildings.
- The Botanic Garden — including the Talcott Greenhouse and nearby gardens, which house more than 2,000 types of plants from six continents.
- Seasonal work that ensures the campus is both beautiful and safe, including snow plowing and shoveling, leaf removal and street sweeping.
- The maintenance of athletic fields and the Equestrian Center’s indoor and outdoor riding arenas, paddocks, jumps and riding trails.
- Responsible building practices that maximize energy efficiency and minimize environmental impacts.
Maintaining our majestic historic campus and creating a safe and secure environment for the entire Mount Holyoke community matters to us. What matters most to you?
All gifts to The Mount Holyoke Fund have a direct effect on every aspect of the Mount Holyoke experience and provide immediate support to the College’s most critical needs. You can choose to direct your gift to one of 12 different gift destinations, from scholarship aid to athletics to sustainability initiatives, ensuring that your gift supports what matters most to you.
Your gift. Your choice. Choose your destination.