Choose your destination. Choose Eloise ’20.

December 12, 2019 at 6:45 AM

Image of Eloise Arnot ’20

Hailing from Lake Oswego, Oregon, Eloise Arnot ’20 was first drawn to Mount Holyoke’s welcoming student body when she visited as a prospective student. “I could feel the strong MoHo community and wanted to be part of it,” she remembers. “The students were so friendly and willing to help, and the absolutely beautiful campus made me feel like I never wanted to leave.” Mount Holyoke’s legacy of trailblazing women also convinced Eloise. “I wanted to be surrounded by empowered women!”

Once on campus, Eloise — a psychology and education major — discovered that the College’s close-knit campus offered a great academic experience, allowing her to easily build relationships with professors. “This community has taught me that my voice matters, and that is so powerful,” she says. “I have learned to speak up for myself and those around me.” 

Along with helping to cultivate her voice and confidence, Mount Holyoke has given her the opportunity to become a self-assured leader through a variety of roles across campus. Not only does she serve as a senior community advisor (SCA) in Creighton Hall, a liason in the psychology department and a head class agent (HCA) on the senior class board, but she’s also a member of the ice hockey team and an AccessAbility Fellow!

“This community has taught me that my voice matters, and that is so powerful.”

After graduating, she hopes to be a Fulbright Scholar in the Czech Republic and then go on to attend graduate school in pursuit of a master’s degree in industrial organizational psychology. Eloise is confident that her time at Mount Holyoke has prepared her for success in new ventures by helping to build her skills as a strong public speaker, as well as teaching her the importance of empathy and connecting with others. 

When you give to destinations such as Academic Enrichment or Student Life through The Mount Holyoke Fund, you help empower students like Eloise and ensure that they carry on Mount Holyoke’s legacy of academic excellence and achievement.

What matters most to you? Your gift. Your choice. Choose your destination.

Rachel Nix ’20

Written by Rachel Nix ’20

Rachel, a politics major and sociology minor, is a marketing assistant in the Office of Advancement and a contributor to the MHC Forever blog. Hailing from West Virginia, she serves on MHC’s Admissions and Financial Aid Advisory Committee, is deeply involved with social justice initiatives and loves spending her free time with friends, reading on the green or trying to pet Jorge, the goose.