Class Color Cup
The MHC Class Color Cup is a three-day participation challenge for The Mount Holyoke Fund designed to show the power of the MHC community when we work together. This is the 5th anniversary of the FebruMary FUNdraising challenges, where thousands of alumnae come together in a short period of time to show the power of participation. Inspired by the tremendous outpouring of support in the previous FebruMary challenges, a group of anonymous donors have raised the stakes. They are offering a challenge pool of up to $200,000 to make this the biggest FebruMary participation challenge ever!
Here’s what’s new:
- Classes compete by class colors, not decades, and can participate all three days
- All classes of all generations are invited to participate in the challenge
- More prizes and ways to win (prize earnings to be added to your class totals!)
- Using GiveCampus, a new crowdfunding platform, for giving and real time tracking! For more information on using GiveCampus, check out this handy guide [link to guide].
To find out how to maximize your impact, see our Digital Resources page.
Ways to Win:
MHC Class Color Cup Challenge (Runs February 13-15): Classes will be competing for the most donors against all of the other classes who share the same class color. The classes in each color with the most donors during the challenge days (February 13-15) will be awarded challenge funds that will be added to their fundraising totals for The Mount Holyoke Fund at the end of the year.
- Class Color Cup:The top three (3) classes in each color with the most donors during the challenge period will win. (12 total winners.) Go to the Class Color Cup page to follow your progress throughout the challenge days.
1st place: $5,000 | 2nd place: $3,000 | 3rd place: $2,000
- NEW! Achievement Badges: We are offering special prizes (digital badges) that your class can win for reaching participation achievements during the challenge period. Classes earn up to $500 for every badge, up to $2,000 total.
Bronze: 50 donors | Silver: 75 donors | Gold: 100 donors | Platinum: 125 donors
- Purple Phoenix Challenge (February 13-15): Every 5 Frances Perkins alumnae donors during the challenge period will add $250 to the fundraising total, up to 100 donors ($5,000 max.) Go to the Purple Phoenix Challenge page to follow your progress throughout the challenge days.
Other FebruMary Challenges (Runs February 1-28): Winners will be announced in early March. Check in with your Head Class Agents for updates.
- New Donor Challenge: The class in each color with the most new FY18 donors by Feb. 28 will win $5,000. (4 total winners.)
- Dollar Challenge: The class in each color with the most dollars raised by Feb. 28 will win $5,000. (4 winners.)
- Mary Lyon Volunteer Challenge: Any class with 100% MHFund volunteer participation and 100% Class Board participation by Feb. 28 will be entered to win an additional $5,000. (1 winner.)
* All Challenge winners will have funds added to their fundraising totals at the end of the fiscal year.
For the campus community and local alumnae, save the date for a special birthday party for Mary on Wednesday, February 28 from 3-5pm. We will be joining with our friends in Archives & Special Collections to learn more about Mary Lyon and the history of Mount Holyoke with a number of artifacts on display. Activities include button making, selfies with Mary, and of course, cake! For non-local alumnae, if you are having a meet up in your area, please make sure to invite Mary, and send us a photo for Mary’s Instagram!
Get ready for a month full of fun!