Mount Holyoke students can enjoy the vast resources of not just one but four prominent colleges and a flagship research university, at no additional cost, via the Five College Consortium. As part of the Consortium, students are able to take advantage of the robust academic offerings of all five institutions — Mount Holyoke, Amherst, Hampshire, and Smith Colleges, and the University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
By providing shared use of educational and cultural resources and facilities, including a joint automated library system and an open cross registration, joint departments and programs and intercampus transportation offering free bus service connecting the Five Colleges, the Consortium promotes and administers long-term forms of cooperation that benefit faculty, staff and students. In addition, most clubs, intramural sports and extracurricular activities on each campus are open to all Five College students.
I am a firstie from Henniker, NH, majoring in Biology on a Pre-Health track and completing a Five College Certificate in Reproductive Health, Rights and Justice. Because of your support, I was able to take some fantastic labs this semester, a truly enriching learning experience.
— Hannah Rose ’21
The Five College Consortium:
- Allows Mount Holyoke students to choose from more than 5,000 courses every year
- Offers certificate programs in 17 different courses of study
- Offers Five College majors in 4 programs: Architectural Studies, Astronomy, Dance and Film Studies
- Hosts internationally recognized scholars and activists in the field of women's studies at the Five College Women's Studies Research Center, located on the Mount Holyoke campus
- Connects Mount Holyoke students to a larger community of 30,000 students and hundreds of social and cultural events
Gifts like yours are the reason I can play in an orchestra, study French and take a Five College course all in the same semester. Your generosity and commitment have inspired me, and as I prepare to graduate, I’ll never forget the support that alumnae gave me through my years here.
— Sarah ’18, IR Major
The Five College Consortium adds to the breadth and depth of a Mount Holyoke education. By directing your gift to the Academic Enrichment destination through The Mount Holyoke Fund, you support opportunities for cross-campus peer collaboration, faculty development and a limitless array of interdisciplinary and cultural offerings available not only to MHC students, but to college students throughout western Massachusetts.
Your gift. Your choice. Choose your destination.