An oasis of learningMount Holyoke College
When you look closely at the College’s official emblem, do palm trees catch your eye? “Palm trees in South Hadley, Massachusetts?” you may wonder. “That’s curious.”
Our founder, Mary Lyon, envisioned Mount Holyoke as a fruitful oasis of learning. Where curiosity would drive students to discovery and opportunity. She believed, as we continue to believe, that learning is more than an action, more than a transaction. It’s a feeling. It’s a warm glow as you grasp the unknown. It’s a spark that energizes you to dig deeper. And it’s something to be sought out, to be savored, to be shared.
At Mount Holyoke, every day is alive with the thrill of learning — from skeletons and Tetris to French detective novels and the acceleration of fungus-flung spores.
Watch the video!
Follow The Gates
- An oasis of learning
- She. Who. Conquers. Fear.
- 12 reasons to ride at Mount Holyoke
- Finding a summer internship: a monthly guide
- Mission Mojave: an adventurer’s guide
- New ways of seeing: a blend of passions
- It took a village
- Mount Holyoke: life-changing by design
- Gettin’ Pangy with it
- Telling. Compelling. Propelling.